A nice find by Dennis over at Logic Pro Expert. A free Pultec style EQ for both Mac and Windows users.
Small plugin creator Ignite Amps have released PTEq-X, which they say is a plugin modelled after 3 famous vintage passive equalizers. On their website they say.
System Requirements - Windows: 32Bit Systems: Windows 7 or newer and a VST compatible host application. 64Bit Systems: Windows 7 or newer and a VST, VST3 or AAX compatible host application. System Requirements - Mac: Requires macOS v.10.8 - v.10.14; An AudioUnit, VST, VST3 or AAX compatible host.; System Requirements - Linux: An X11 compatible Linux distribution. The Pultec is one of my go to additive EQ’s. Whenever I want to do some low or high end boosting, I’m typically reaching for a Pultec. They also sound amazing on your MixBuss, particularly when using the “low end trick” that I show you in the video. A Pultec also sounds wonderful when being used as a color box Just passing audio through the EQ without actually doing any EQ’ing tends to really enhance the.
The plugin has been developed to have all the characteristics of the original hardware, plus some circuit improvements and additional features to increase its versatility. Every single component on the signal path of the real analog circuit has been taken into account and modeled in the best possible way to match the original sound, keeping an eye on CPU performance and real-time playability at the same time. PTEq-X is meant to be used as a studio equalizer for tracking, mixing and mastering inside hosts capable of VST or AU Plug-Ins support.
- Three different equalization modules with perfectly analog curve response even at highest frequencies
- Ignite Amps 3rd generation triode stage analog modeling for 4 different tube types
- Additional selectable frequencies for the PEQ1A model, compared to the original design
- Refined filters frequency precision for the MQ5 and HL3C models, compared to the original design
- Switchable equalizers and tube stage modeling for better CPU usage management
- Switchable linear phase oversampling for aliasing reduction
- Global input / output level controls
- Mono / Stereo processing support
- Double precision (64 bit) floating point processing
- Fully automatable controls
- Ignite Amps proprietary preset management system with bank file import/export functions
- PTEq-X features automatic output level scaling, meaning that when enabling/disabling the equalization modules or the tube gain stage, the output level will be kept constant, allowing accurate A/B comparisons.
Download PTEq-X here. The .ZIP file includes a user manual
PTC-2A Vintage Program EQ - Plug-in for Windows, Mac & Linux
Pultec Eq Vst SoftwareOverview:
'A fantastic sounding plug-in' - pro-tools-expert.com
Inspired by the elegant simplicity of vintage Pultec style designs, renowned for their ability to simultaneously boost and cut the low frequencies using separate controls - creating powerful, tight bass boost with focus and detail. Perfect for adding that big studio sound to 'in the box' mixes.
- Smooth controls with no 'zipper noise' when adjusting the plug-in settings.
- Physically modelled rotary control modes.
- Separate low frequency boost and cut to shape the signature sound.
- Transformer-coupled valve / tube amplifier emulation enhances the desirable vintage tone.
- Innovative processing models analogue filter behaviour - without additional latency or high CPU demand.
- Valve / tube emulation adds subtle character even with the EQ bypassed.*
Pultec Eq Vst Mac*The EQ switch bypasses the filter section, leaving the valve / tube emulation in the signal path, while the 'power switch' provides a completely clean bypass if required.
System Requirements - Windows:
- 32Bit Systems: Windows 7 or newer and a VST compatible host application.
- 64Bit Systems: Windows 7 or newer and a VST, VST3 or AAX compatible host application.
- Requires macOS v.10.8 - v.10.14
- An AudioUnit, VST, VST3 or AAX compatible host.
Pultec Eq Vst FullSystem Requirements - Linux:
- An X11 compatible Linux distribution.
- A Linux VST2 compatible host.
|•||Win / Mac AAX Native||V3.0.2 / V3.0.2|
|•||Windows VST2 64Bit||V3.0.2|
|•||Windows VST3 64Bit||V3.0.2|
|•||Mac Audio Unit 64Bit||V3.0.2|
|•||Mac VST2 64Bit||V3.0.2|
|•||Mac VST3 64Bit||V3.0.2|
|•||Linux VST2 64Bit||V3.0.2|
|•||Separate LF Boost and Attenuate Controls||Simultaneous low frequency boost and cut, emulating the classic Pultec style 'Low-end trick'.|
|•||Physical Control Modelling||Replicates the 'feel' as well as the look of high quality rotary controls.|
|•||Passive Filters||6dB / Octave passive filter emulation maintains the smooth frequency response and desirable control interaction of the original vintage designs.|
|•||Transformer-coupled gain stage||Similar to the original vintage EQs, the passive filters are followed by a transformer-coupled tube amplifier stage which further enhances the vintage qualities.|
|•||Analogue Filter Modelling||Analogue Filter Modelling algorithms recreate natural analogue filter curves, without requiring high sample rates or CPU intensive upsampling, allowing more plugin instances in a typical DAW.|
|OS / System Compatibility|
Pultec Eq Vst
Pultec Eq Vst PluginOS / System requirements based on typical representative configurations and host applications. Be sure to check compatibility with the free demos provided.
Earlier versions: [ PTC-2A V2.4.2 ]
*The AAX Plug-Ins are designed for use with ProTools 11 & 12. Limited support for use with ProTools 10 is also available.
**Linux compatibility is dependent upon operating system components, configuration and host application(s). Please check compatibility using the free demos.